Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo LEDs

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to shut down the LEDs?  In a surveillance mode I'd rather the cameras not be noticeable.  A flashing LED when recording is not what I want and I also may want to record without the IR LEDs operating either as they are noticeable.  I would want the ability to enable or disable all of the LEDs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

dg wrote:

Is there a way to shut down the LEDs?  In a surveillance mode I'd rather the cameras not be noticeable.  A flashing LED when recording is not what I want and I also may want to record without the IR LEDs operating either as they are noticeable.  I would want the ability to enable or disable all of the LEDs.

If your talking about the two LEDs on the bottom front of the camera.... they do NOT flash when recording is going on.

The mentioned lleds flash 1) when syncing 2) updating the s/w 3) if in motion test mode 4) low battery ( right blicks now/then amber )

As to the IR illuminators ,they are at 850nm.  In normal talk it means in the dark ( when motion is activacted ) they will be slightly glowing red to the normal eye... you can not turn this off ( when it is dark , they turn on automatic when light levels drop ).

What you can do, is mask the IR light off and provide a secondary IR flood light from a diff location other than the cam if absolutely needed.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not at this time. You could mask over the LEDs but it will be a manual process.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

dg wrote:

If your talking about the two LEDs on the bottom front of the camera.... they do NOT flash when recording is going on.

The mentioned lleds flash 1) when syncing 2) updating the s/w 3) if in motion test mode 4) low battery ( right blicks now/then amber )

As to the IR illuminators ,they are at 850nm.  In normal talk it means in the dark ( when motion is activacted ) they will be slightly glowing red to the normal eye... you can not turn this off ( when it is dark , they turn on automatic when light levels drop ).

What you can do, is mask the IR light off and provide a secondary IR flood light from a diff location other than the cam if absolutely needed.

dg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the feedback.  I don't have a unit yet but thought an LED blinked whenever it recorded but maybe that is just in a setup mode.

I will just cover up the IR LEDs if they are not needed and I think they are too noticeable.  I will have to experiment.

Bob380
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also cover the leds.

my mother ( 90 and with dementia) has the habit to turn evrything off.

so no tv on standby

turn off the fritzbox dsl modem, which resulted in no internet and no phone 😞

for the fritzbox solved it via a hidden page, so there the leds are always off.

would be nice if when you are all set&go you could turn off the leds via the app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You were reading an OLD thread from 2015.... major SW update in Dec/Jan 2016 allows you to turn off the IR illuminators in the Arlo now