Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Is Not Playing Video From Library

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Davehh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All

Having a really bad experience with Arlo. And it seems most people are having similar issues for months without Arlo is fixing them. I tried calling the Arlo call center but they hanged up after waiting for 30min. I tried sending email but the Arlo website has some error and it is unable to display the email. I tried to click on reply on some threads on the community forum without success. My problem is similar as others:

My wife have linked our cameras too me. Arlo Q cameras working fine on her and my phone. The Arlo WiFi-free cameras are working on her phone (Samsung galaxy 😎 but not working on my phone (iPhone XS). The videos stored in the livery is just one picture and does not contain the whole video. I have the IOS 12.1.1 and I have reinstalled the Arlo app 2.6.3. And it’s still not working. It’s really sad that Arlo hasn’t been able to fix the problem that has been pending for month. I suggest Arlo should exchange all Arlo cameras to Arlo Pro 2 for free in case they work better. Customers should not have to wait for software upgrade for months!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
Edinburgh_lad
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why you're suggesting they should replace Arlo for Arlo pro 2 for free is beyond my comprehension.

I'd say that if your wife can view videos and you can't, it's a problem with your phone.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

More than likely, as mentioned above,  it's the iphone and the new IOS since the system works on the wifes phone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
fmb1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue and all my cameras are Arlo Pro 2. All 4 Pro 2 & Arlo Q worked fine yesterday. Can anyone help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@fmb1977

Have you tried to reboot your base station & test again? When did this issue occur? 

Kurtis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Im having this same problem,we’re you able to fix it
Davehh
Aspirant
Aspirant
No it’s not working. There are hundreds of similar posts on the forum meaning they Arlo can’t fix the issue. It’s sad as the issue been pending for several months. I will definitely not buy Arlo again and will tell everyone I know not to buy any Arlo products. I understand that a company can have software glitches. But it is not acceptable that the issue is not resolved for months despite it being a well known problem.. The CTO or CEO iare ultimately responsible for this issues. And if I was a shareholder I would seriously question their capabilities.
fmb1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I restarted the base station and though it took a little time, they all started working normally.

fmb1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, after restarting the base station, all playback was normal.