Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Installation

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
frontdesk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  Before we set the system up, we'd like as much information as possible so we do it correctly the first time.  Any help is appreciated.

1.  I have the app for my smartphone, but to access the cameras on my apple computer-how does this work?  When we conect the base station to the router, will it come up automatically on the computer?  Or what needs to be done to see the cameras?  And is this how we will adjust for recording time and sensetivity?

2.  What happens every time the batteries are changed?  Do we need to re-sync?  Is there a window that the replacement needs to be accomplished within to avoid any sync problems?  The unit came with regular batteries, and we are getting the rechargable, so think we should wait for the 'good' batteries before doing the install?!

3. Do we understand the 7 day cloud thing?  We record-images go to cloud where we can see them for a week and then, gone, unless we have a recording contract?

Thanks again!

2 REPLIES 2
manfredz
Hero
Hero

there should be installation instructions to follow

there should be no need to resync after you've changed the batteries

there have been numerous posts on how to adjust recording time.  Easier for you to follow when you've got your system set up.

Sensitivity setting is go into the cam's settings/video settings and you'll see the slider.

If you want to keep recordings on the cloud more than 7 days, you would need a paid subscription.  But most people download which recordings they want to keep within these 7 days making a paid subscription unnecessary.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To use the computer, you would simply point a supported browser to https://arlo.netgear.com.