Arlo, I can't sync the system.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MK_101
Follower
Follower

Hi, I had  installed an 8 camera system and recently changed my router and wifi password. Now I can't sync the system. I have tried resetting the base and unit seems unresponsive. Any advise?

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Since the base is connected by an ethernet cable, it should work fine. What lights are green on the base station?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh I did see a previous post about a router with blocked ports. You might need to check which ports are open on the router

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define reset the base - actually using the reset button?  If so, you need to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and start fresh.

Theoretically, you should be able to swap routers with no issues (just like you should be able to move the system to a different location). You can try powering off the modem, router and base and then turn them back one, one at a time in that order, waiting a couple of minutes for each one to allow that device to finish initializing.  As mentioned above, depending on who owns the router, ports can be blocked.  If it's your own router and no security mods have been set, there should be no problem.  An ISP-owned device could be the issue and you'd have to work with the ISP to fix it.  Ports 80, 443 and 123 to netgear.com have to be open.