Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo HD cams on rechargables VS new web access.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not that this will effect many  due to cameras ages / end of life; 

I still have 2 running fw  1.6.297

Just noticed the in new web access ( 5.0.0_23 ) shows newly charged 3.7v li-ion cells in Arlo HD camera as sitting at 26% charge.

The old sw was adjusted to allow rechargeable as full power on scale.  Not sure if it just happen with new version as the last change of batteries was at least 2+ months ago.

Non-rechargeable batteries show just fine and no issues.

Haven't checked ios/android yet.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
2 REPLIES 2
Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

The firmware for these is 1.5.295. I do recall, vaguely, though, that my HD ended up with newer firmware and then it was automatically rolled back to current firmware a week or so later. This was a good few months ago.

My HD has firmware 1.5.295 and is sitting at 88% on the web and in the app, and I use Nitecore re-chargeable batteries; the same ones at other locations, too, and the picture there is similar. I did manage to get new Tenergy re-chargeable batteries but haven't used them yet. I use my HD to check what my cat is up to...  My web version is 4.19.0_2, though, and the app version is 5.0_28726 (Android). 

So, I believe your issue has to do with the firmware you have. I'm not entirely sure how, but it seems to me that some users end up being used as testers without explicitly agreeing to it. 

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

Notification post