Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo HD Base Station NOT Connecting

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mark4success
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually VMB 3010 with Arlo HD

Seems simple enough but not connecting.

I have reset, power cycled, factory reset, and even changed to a second base station with the same results.

I am a Mac user on MacOS Sierra version 10.12.4.

I have used Firefox with update to version 53, Chrome V58.0.3029.81 and Safari V10.1

Router WNDR3400, Netgear 600 with 2G, 5G Wifi and ethernet.

I spend 15 mins on Chat with no success then more than an hour on the phone with no success.

I have undone all firewalls, and port issues.  My router detects the device, assigns a IP address and is set for DHCP.

I even set up port forwarding for ports 80-443 to keep them open for access.

Despite all this I cannot connect with my laptop or iphone.

I need some advanced help.  What else can be done?  Is the NetGear router incompatible with the Arlo?  Is there an app other than online that I can download and give access through my firewall?  Please let me know what else I can do or I guess I will have to investigate another camera system. 

Thanks for your assistance.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be as simple as a bad base.  It sounds like you've tried pretty much everything.  Did you try power cycling your modem, router and base and then bringing them back online in that order, waiting for each to initialize before starting the next?  

Swap the system at the store to see if the issue remains.

mark4success
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I actually have two base stations and neither will work.  I have tried the full power cycle with no luck.  It is hard to believe that neither will work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed.  What are the LEDs on each base showing?  Are the Internet LEDs greeen or amber?  Power, of course, has to be green.  If the Internet LEDs are amber, they're getting an address from the router but there's no connection to the servers.  That implies either a router or ISP issue blocking access. Try pinging arlo.netgear.com - there won't be a reply but you should see a fully-qualified DNS address as a result of the DNS lookup.