Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo H7 Goes offline

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
geekazine
Follower
Follower

I have a problem with my wireless cameras going offline. One camera - only 4 feet away - loses connection within a day. 

Last night we had a break-in while I was away. I wanted to make sure my system was updated, so I rebooted the base station, When it came back up, both of my wireless cameras would not reconnect. If I open the battery door and close it, I can get it back online (which I cannot do right now).

This is super frustrating because I have not moved the base station nor the cameras except to change batteries. This problem started about 4-5 months ago. Neither camera is more than 10 feet away, and in direct shot to the base. 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check all your firmware versions in Settings, My Devices and compare them to what's posted in the Release Notes section here. Old firmware causes lots of issues.

HCKennedy-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having the same issue with only one of my cameras.  It's an H7 with Firmware 1.2.16720.  However, yesterday, all 4 cameras went offline and I rebooted the base station and they all came back.  This seems like it's not the way it's supposed to happen...any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What were the base LEDs showing before the reboot?

HCKennedy-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The bottom 3 lights on the left were all green and the middle one was blinking like it was actively on the internet.  The other 3 cameras are working fine too.. .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That tends to imply a display issue rather than an offline system. If it happens again, try both the app and a browser. For the app, try both WiFi and cell service. For the browser try multiple browsers. For all tests, try logging out and back in.

HCKennedy-Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've done all of that to no avail. I crawled up the ladder and moved batteries around and it worked for about 1 hour and then I received the "offline" message. I've uploaded the screen shot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here.

Edit: Before you do that, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. If that doesn't help, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.  If still the camera, open the case with support.