Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sl18
Tutor
Tutor

After I granted access with administrative rights to my husband’s iphone, should his phone has mode function?  I see his phone with granted administrative rights on my setting. He doesn’t see Mode on his phone and cannot edit mode/geofencing on his phone. Not sure if it is the reason the geofencing doesn't work for us. When I leave home it turns on armed even through my husband is at home. Sometimes it doesn’t turn on and still shows my phone in the zone. I have to change the mode to armed/schedule and change back to geofencing and it turns on the away mode. I always leave Arlo login.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sl18,

Do you have the access rights selected? If Allow Access Rights is selected & appearing (Green) your husband will have access to the mode tab. I have provided a link with the features that are allowed. What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

sl18
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. My husband has access right and I can see the mode tab but he doesn't have edit function(green pen icon) on geofencing, armed and disarmed. He can only add schedule. How can I grant him edit access on geofencing/armed/disarmed?

I have another question. when a car passes by my house on the street Arlo detects the motion. My camera is about 35 feet away from the street. However, when people walk through my driveway (35 feet long) torward my door where the camera is installed the Arlo doesn't detect the motion until people arrive in front of the door. Please advise how to stop motion detection for cars passing through my house on the street.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

sl18,

Your husband will be able to do the following in this KB Artcle: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

Trucks and cars have very large IR signatures, your cameras will capture this from a distance much easier. You may want to adjust your sensitivity a few stops at a time to see if you can get the desired results. The cameras pick up motion coming from side to side rather than directly towards the lens. You may want to position the camera at more of an angle and test from there. I have provided a few articles that will help with this.

How far away can my Arlo camera detect motion?

How does the motion detection feature work on my Arlo cameras?

oddoneout
Guide
Guide

Hi there

Sorry - just read your post, and have just made a post of my own on the same matter this morning.

Geofoencing doesn't work for two devices - it should, be Arlo have said that it doesn't and their 'Engineers' are looking in to it (since the beginning of 2017 at least with no progress!):

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Geofencing-DOES-NOT-WORK-FOR-MULTIPLE-PEOPLE-DEVICES/m-p/1638735#...