Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo End of Life VMC4030 and VMC3030

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gncolypen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have eleven Arlo cameras, seven VMC3030 and four VMC4030. They are apparently on the Arlo End of Life list.

There is a banner at the top of this webpage titled "Arlo End of Life Policy Notice" with a link to the policy.

Also, in Arlo's website through the search window looking for "Arlo End of Life", a dropdown gives me a link to an article titled "End of Life for Arlo Legacy Cameras and Arlo Services". A link in that article is supposed to take me to the "EOL Offer Form". Instead, it takes me to the Arlo homepage.

How do I get the offer form, or some idea what the offers are? Is there a promo-code or some other way to take advantage of the Arlo offer to replace my obsolete cameras?

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gncolypen wrote:

Is there a promo-code or some other way to take advantage of the Arlo offer to replace my obsolete cameras?

There was a promotion that was sent out about a year ago (when the EOL was first announced), but that expired last summer.

The link you are looking for is here:

gncolypen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you StephenB.

Yes, I have that link. But, I'd like to hear from Arlo if there is another offer for people who own EOL listed cameras who may have missed the offer expiration date of July, 2023, as I did.

I have 11 cameras that are losing functions and going obsolete. I'll be forced to buy new cameras, which aren't cheap. Arlo should not had expired it's EOL offer, but should still be offering it to anyone that has cameras that Arlo is not continuing to support with updates. Their decision treating my cameras as "disposables" is pushing me toward looking for a new provider of my security needs.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gncolypen wrote:

Yes, I have that link. But, I'd like to hear from Arlo if there is another offer for people who own EOL listed cameras who may have missed the offer expiration date of July, 2023, as I did.

Note this is user-to-user forum, and I don't work for them.

I'm tagging the community manager ( @JamesC  - you could also try a private message to him, using the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.

@gncolypen wrote:

I have 11 cameras that are losing functions and going obsolete. 

You've definitely lost support, but you shouldn't have lost any functions other than possibly email alerts (if you use them).

Email alerts have been deprecated for everyone - IMO a bad decision on Arlo's part, and I hope they reverse it. 

gncolypen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.

On all of my seven VMC3030 cameras I have lost all Activity Zone function.

Thanks again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gncolypen wrote:

On all of my seven VMC3030 cameras I have lost all Activity Zone function.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) so they can follow up on this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

While there may be another promotional offer in the future, I don't believe there is an active eol offer at this time. If you are eligible for an offer in the future, you will receive an email from Arlo with details about the terms and conditions of the offer.

JamesC