Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo, Downloading a video from the library not 720p

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nathkrul
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo system is quoted as a 720p security system, however when I download a video from the library it is 640 x 352 and that is with its highest video recording quality, are we being misled here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nathkrul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive gotten ladders out and opened battery back and closed it and now its in 720p, shouldn't have to do this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. It depends on which setting you use for each camera jin Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings. Best Video is the highest resolution, 720. Optimized is 640 and Best Battery Life is 320 (I think).
Nathkrul
Aspirant
Aspirant

got them all on highest quality and this is not 720p

What is 720p?
The number always refers to the number of horizontal lines on the display. Here's how the shorthand translates: 720p = 1280 x 720 - is usually known as HD or “HD Ready” resolution. 1080p = 1920 x 1080 - is usually known as FHD or “Full HD” resolution.

jguerdat wrote:
Nope. It depends on which setting you use for each camera jin Settings, My Devices, your camera, Video Settings. Best Video is the highest resolution, 720. Optimized is 640 and Best Battery Life is 320 (I think).
Nathkrul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seeming as you've replied to my post, download a sample and right click on video, choose properties and post it here please. It should show 1280 x 720, I await your input.

Nathkrul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ive gotten ladders out and opened battery back and closed it and now its in 720p, shouldn't have to do this.