Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MGEP
Guide
Guide

Viewing through ARLO Android app -

My system includes two ARLO base stations separated by some distance (approx. 100ft) and using a local WiFi network and an extension of the same network in an outbuilding:

Base 1 has 4 ARLO cameras attached and working in a property

Base 2 has 3 cameras attached and working in and around an outbuilding

ALL cameras are connected, on, and record movement, HOWEVER...

- 2 of the 3 cameras linked to Base 2 DO NOT (and never have) permanently* shown an image; 1 other camera linked to this base station is fine, shows the "LIVE" button and an image, plus the motion 'man' symbol, battery status, and WiFi signal strength.

None of any of the cameras have been linked to the other/another base station, nor are they reconditioned or second hand.

Why is it the app shows only one of the cameras to Base Station 2, while showing the other two as "Offline" (although these cameras ARE NOT offline - they record motion perfectly)!?

*When I log into the app, and occasionally some time after logging in, the 2 "problem" cameras momentarily show the "LIVE" button, and background image, which then disappears.

Either a camera is a device "seen" by a network or it is not. How is it I have 2 cameras that appear to fool this logic entirely, showing as "offline" when in fact they're not - while not displaying in the app as they should?

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MGEP,

Has this issue started recently or has it been ongoing? Have you checked to see if the cameras appear online through the web portal?

MGEP
Guide
Guide
The issue has existed from the day two cameras were linked to Base Station 2, away from the property, HOWEVER adding a third camera linked to this Base Station didn't share the same issue

I have previously removed the two "problem" cameras as devices from the base station and re-synchronised them, restarted the card station numerous times, etc. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the ARLO app. Nothing has changed. All devices have the latest firmware updates too.

Viewing the cameras through a browser online, rather than the app, shows all active units - including the two problem cameras.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do to the amount of issues described, I suggest contacting Customer Support regarding this. I have attached the link for you here - Arlo Tech Support

MGEP
Guide
Guide
I have contacted support and have been provided with a case number, however haven't received any further reply in the last week.

The issue remains the same!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MGEP,

I have have reached out to Customer Support regarding this & someone will be contatcting you as soon as possible.

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Thanks ShaneS.

I've just updated the ARLO app and the problem I detailed above still exists (in short, the two affected cameras are showing as offline, while they record motion all the time; basically they're not offline, however I can't change any settings with them).

Attached, screenshot of what I can see in the app now. I'm going to try to do a few things again with the updated app to see if anything changes.
Screenshot_20181022-141651_Arlo.jpg
MGEP
Guide
Guide
Following on from the note above, I've gone through the process of unlinking the two affected cameras from the base station (as well as the camera that displays fine through the app linked to this base station), removing the base station from the app, and setting everything up again from scratch.

Interestingly, images from the two affected cameras displayed ok for a time in the app, then reverted back to the offline status again (while recording motion in the background). The other (third camera) that does display ok through the app, and is controllable, was re-synchronised with the same base station again and works fine as it did before, however the two 'problem' cameras still don't display properly, as before.

No-one from NETGEAR has been in contact with me regarding this.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

MGEP,

What are the firmware versions listed for your base station & cameras? You can find this under settings > My Devices > Base Station/Cameras > Device Info > Firmware

MGEP
Guide
Guide
Hello ShaneS

The firmware version for both base stations I use is: 1.11.9.0_26520

For the cameras (all of them):

Since my last post I've tried something else, which appears to have resolved the problem, however I wouldn't speak too soon; various changes I made of late appeared to resolve the problem, for the problem to return minutes/hours later, or the next day! Hence, I'll see what the score is tomorrow.

What did I do? Remove two linked cameras that exhibited the problem from the base station (base station 2). I then removed two other fully (and correctly) functioning cameras from base station 1. I swapped the two cameras from base station 1 with those linked to base station 2 - and vice versa.

All cameras appear in the app now, however I need to allow 24hrs to 48hrs to make sure this is definitely a fix because other changes that appeared to resolve the problem previously didn't stick!
USMC-Sentinel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi MGEP,

Thank you for your post. Same issue with identical configuration. Were you able to maintain online status for all cameras on both base stations?