Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

We have had our Arlo cameras for a few years now and they consistently go offline, the batteries are completely charged, everything is connected to the internet, they just disconnect. You take out the batteries, buy new ones, reset the basestation, etc etc we have tried it all. They consistently (every day) go offline. Arlo has been ZERO help. Saying they only offer a 1 year warranty - well of course because they stop working after 1 year. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any experience with escalating this? How do you reach corporate or do you file a complaint with the BBB? This is terrible customer service! 

8 REPLIES 8
Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

Does anyone have issues with these cameras? The base model? We have only had these 3 years and they constantly go offline, everyday. We have tried everything. Arlo said there is nothing that they can do for us. It just seems like such a waste, these expensive cameras completely die at 3 years? Ridiculous. 

Bond22
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem, is go down every time i check with the arlo app.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

I have contacted support several times, 5 times to be exact. Basically they have said if I have tried everything suggested and they are out of the one year warranty I'm out of luck. Great customer service huh. 

Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

Yes! My arlo app used to work okay even though the cameras were consistently offline, now the app freezes and shuts down since I did the suggestions by the support team. It's so frustrating! I would highly suggest purchasing from another company. Their customer service is terrible! 

LROB4
Aspirant
Aspirant

I totally feel your pain. 

Called cust service and they were horrible held me on the phone till closing and then just hung up

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LROB4

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

I wish I could tell you exactly but we have done a ton and spent hours with Arlo representatives troubleshooting. We have reset everything, new batteries in everything, brought the cameras directly next to the base station, got the base station on several new channels through our internet provider, purchased a new modem and router (because Arlo said that was the issue which is was NOT because they still do not work), and we have provided logs of which times it happens, who is all online, speed tests, etc. etc. etc. Nothing has helped and each time you contact support, they want you to run through all of the same steps again. I have spent way too much time on this and it is not worth it. I have filed a complaint and would advice everyone to NEVER purchase an Arlo item.