Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera wire free

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Clayd4
Follower
Follower

I have just got this 3 camera wireless setup for christmas. I love it so far as I just got itall setup and am able to view it on my phone. My only question is, am I doing something wrong? It took me about 20 minutes to set it up and worked fine, however my batteries show they're down to 84% (Already). At this rate, I'll need new batteries by tomorrow? I need to find out what I'm doing wrong or else I won't be able to use this as I will be spending all my money on batteries every other day. Please help

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rapid battery depeletion ususally boils down to lots of recording and live viewing or connection issues between the cameras and base. To get spec life out of the batteries, you must keep recording and live viewing down below 5 minutes total per day on average. Since you just got the system, you've likley done a bit of playing around to set them up and get used to them. For the next day or two, keep things quiet and just let the system record and monitor the battery usage. It may be that simple.

ALso, anything that reduces or interferes with the connection between the base and cameras makes the cameras struggle to maintain a connection, zapping the batteries. House construction, walls, mirros, ductwork or any wireless device that uses the 2.4GHz band near the base and/or cameras can cause this issue.  If this is the case, repositioning the cameras and/or base may help.

Finally, consider investing in the Tenergy rechargeable batteries certified by Netgear (check the official accessories for these cameras). WHile they don't last as long as the OEM-style batteries, the overall cost as time goes on makes a lot of sense.

Helivaguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Reduce the motion detector setting for each camera.