Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can this whole system work with Satellite Internet?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Bwood98
Tutor
Tutor

Very new to all of this.....Can this whole system work with Satellite Internet? Speed up to 25mb's. Any advice or recommendations before the Satellite Internet is put in? Thx-BB

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Should be fine. Upload minimum should be 1.5Mbps. 25mbps is around 3Mbps

All you need for the system to work is an ethernet connection to the base station that has internet access with ports 80, 123, 443 open.

If you haven't already bought an Arlo system, I recommend you get the Arlo Pro or Pro 2 and not the Arlo HD system

Bwood98
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. Very helpful. Costco has them for sale but I didn't see which one they have. 

steve_t wrote:

Should be fine. Upload minimum should be 1.5Mbps. 25mbps is around 3Mbps

All you need for the system to work is an ethernet connection to the base station that has internet access with ports 80, 123, 443 open.

If you haven't already bought an Arlo system, I recommend you get the Arlo Pro or Pro 2 and not the Arlo HD system

Bwood98
Tutor
Tutor

Just looked, they have the Pro. 

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

We run 10 Arlo Pro 2s at the highest quality with no problem using HugesNet Gen 5 as our provider (25Mbps down and about 2 or 3 Mbps up). As mentioned, unlike most talk about speed, upload speed, not download, is all that matters when discussing security camera limits. We did try CVR but that eats into our data plan too much and is taxing in the other cameras.