Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera wire free

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ywk
Tutor
Tutor

I replaced arlo camera exchanged. 

And tested night time, but unfortunately result was same.
Night vision was too dark to see nothing.

Could anyone help solve my sad frustration and bad disappointing for Netgear Arlo.?

I like to attached my image scene.

NightVisionTooDark1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yeah, there's pretty much nothing there that's largely reflective. Additionally, the one spot of bright light coming through the trees might be throwing off the autoexposure setting. Tonight, go into liveview mode and move the brightness slider to full bright and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, as above, you may need to add some motion sensing lights to the area or again, check out the Arlo Pro camera

Edit: Didn't see the comment above. Good stuff

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The regular Arlo is limited by the amount of ambient light as well as the IR illumintors. Obviously, the IR illuminators require a relatively close object for the IR to reflect off. I can't see your attached pic yet but if the space is open and everything is far away, you won't see much.

The Arlo Pro has significantly better night vision and one may be better suited to your area. An add on Arlo Pro works with the original base station too

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Take a day time picture of the same scene so we can compare the distantances your shooting...

The IR illuminators do fall off very quickly at 25-30 ft+ ( inverse sq law )... best is when within the detection range.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
ywk
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for concern and helos.

Here are daytime and night time picture.

NightVisionTooDark2day.jpg

ywk
Tutor
Tutor

NightVisionTooDark1.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The distance is too great for the camera illuminators. Research 850 nM IR spotlights on Amazon so you can use them for greater throw.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

here's a shot of the Arlo at night... the small centered stump is 28-30 ft  and camera is 6 ft off ground

This is the best it will do, ... but in your case it may be the IR is totally off.

You can see them at night, they glow a faint red around the lens..... check this out at night to see them

1412896279066.jpg

Morse is faster than texting!
ywk
Tutor
Tutor

Thank You very much. Your helps a lot better.

As your suggesion, I ordered Arlo Pro today.

I really appriciate your faithful advises.

I will see what happen after installed Arlo Pro Sys.

See you.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yeah, there's pretty much nothing there that's largely reflective. Additionally, the one spot of bright light coming through the trees might be throwing off the autoexposure setting. Tonight, go into liveview mode and move the brightness slider to full bright and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise, as above, you may need to add some motion sensing lights to the area or again, check out the Arlo Pro camera

Edit: Didn't see the comment above. Good stuff