Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
KCSiy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera used to work now Nothing. New batteries, solid connection on all my other cameras but one camera will not sync and just flashes the blue LED for all eternity. Did I get a lemon or are they just making POS now? User error!? All the standard sync efforts fail.

Any suggestions that arnt the basic garbage I have been reading from the support pages would be helpful but I’m beginning to think I got a turd....what a waste of $ 😞
9 REPLIES 9
Mbluefootball
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I have 5 cameras and 3 of them now will not sync. 2 work just fine with new batteries. 

ruby2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here now, camera was working fine (one of 5) and I just swapped out the batteries since they were low and now nothing, same blinking blue light and will not connect. Seems these 3 posts are all from today. Possible software upgrade?
Mbluefootball
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good question on software upgrade. I am honestly tired of messing around with this. Thinking about getting an entirely new system rather than buying more cameras.

KCSiy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve thought about that too. Why buy a new Alro when I have to get my technical support by searching an online community or pay to talk to someone. Kind of pisses me off.

Anyone know if there a way to send this broken unit in? Or does it make more financial sense to buy a reman or new unit......ugh
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why are you paying for support? Did you gGoogle for support and end up with a scammer?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062119/How-can-I-avoid-Arlo-support-scams

While the options to contact support aren't all that user-friendly, it's always been here and it's always been free:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

And hardware problems can be handled within the warranty period by opening a case with the real support linked above.

KCSiy
Aspirant
Aspirant
No scam, just seemed like I was in an endless circle of links taking me back to the forums for support.

Thanks for the quick links! Hopefully they can help me diagnose what’s wrong..
rule911
Aspirant
Aspirant

100% the same issue. I have 5 camera. All was well... and about 2 weeks ago, 2 got knocked off the system (which sounds like the other users). The other 3 work fine. I did not remove one from the system, and found that its programming had been changed to do nothing when motion detected... so no recordings. I changed it back and it was fine. The 5th (this was before #4)... I removed it from the system and tried to reinstall it. Nothing... Dead... Will not sink... slow flashing blue light of nothing. Any specifics on how to proceed or talk to ARLO directly? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ruby2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
Alright I called the support hotline and after doing a hard reboot of the base station, I tried to sync my camera again and it worked. Thought I would pass info along if anyone is still having this issue.