Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
WIITEE
Follower
Follower

One of my cameras has had a red tint for some time. I've tried everything from removing the battery, resynching, as well as restarting the base station with no avail. I believe at this point the camera itself is faulty. Does anyone have any suggestions on steps going forward?

Thanks very much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jonil
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since a week i have the same problem and i cannot get a solution...i hope it can be fixed!
Anyone?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Faulty camera. Get it exchanged

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

Supersurv
Initiate
Initiate

I have two cameras, the older being about six months old. It is the wired model. It only shows images with a strong red tint now.

I have emailed Netgear and await their advice and guidance.

Apart from this the cameras have pergormed well.

Boot879
Star
Star
So I finally "solved" my pink tint problem. Several days without the tint so this seems to work.

I turned turned my Arlo wireless over so it's upside down with the battery cover up. I then open the cover and let the camera turn off. Then close the cover so the camera powers up. Usually I turn the camera over and mount it... the pink tint comes back after the camera switches to night mode. The "fix" was to mount the camera upside down so the video feed is upside down on my phone. Then use the app to flip the image. To do that... log into your app, click devices to see your cameras. Find the upside down camera and click the little "gear" symbol that opens settings. Then click "video settings". Look for the "rotate image" and toggle it on. The video feed will flip eventually and everything will look correct when you view it.
Apparently having the camera upside down allows the IR filter to switch like it should. Stupid fix that should the design flaw.
However.. my cameras alerted me to movement on my driveway this morning and I chased a guy who was trying to break into my car away. Unfortunately he got away... but me running out of the house with a pistol probably gave him good reason to not come back.