Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

I recently turned off one camera on the app.

I turned it back on.

When I access the app, it shows as being 'off'

Turn it back on......

Again and again again...........

The same on the PC.

I have used different browsers.

I have deleted the cache etc.....

Running out of ideas....?

BTW even though the camera shows as being off....it still records etc.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Geoff wrote:

Presumably Arlo know this....?

They do.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you have a mobile device to install the arlo mobile app onto and use it instead?

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already have the app on my phone. 

Strangely, the same happens on the app.

I have thought of reinstalling the app but am worried that I will have to reset all the settings again.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If I open the arlo app on my iPhone and turn off a camera it turns off and shows the off message. If I close the app and open it again it shows the same off message and I can turn the camera back on. Is this the same on your phone?

if I do the same with the arlo web portal, after logging back in it shows the camera as still turned on as if working although it has been previously been turned off. If I then try live viewing, it gives the privacy error message.

To turn it back on I have to get into the camera settings page, turn it off then turn it back on to get the camera working again. This suggests that the status reflected in the web portal is not being updated.

The arlo system configuration is stored in the arlo server so deleting and reinstalling the app on the phone should maintain settings. The only things that may occur is acknowledging phone permissions during the app install process.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

If I open the arlo app on my iPhone and turn off a camera it turns off and shows the off message. If I close the app and open it again it shows the same off message and I can turn the camera back on. Is this the same on your phone?

Yes, the same on my Android.

However, if I log out and log back in, it shows as camera off.

This is the same on the PC.

I have reinstalled the app and it is still the same.

The strange thing is, although the camera shows 'off', it still records.

Thanks for your help.

Dannybear
Master
Master

I performed the logout and login procedure on my iPhone rather than the close and open process and it works the same.

Can you check in the arlo app settings page for the privacy centre/Account for any web browser logins that remains, just a thought if a browser session is still logged in it could be causing some weird effects. 

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Logged out on PC and phone...still the same.

On the phone when I log back in, the camera shows as disconnected for a few seconds, then shows as connected?

On the PC when I log back in, the camera stays showing disconnected.

I checked out the security settings....logged out of all browsers and cleared the cache.

Have also removed and replaced batteries from said camera.

Still the same.

Last resort I suppose, would be to reset camera back to default....just trying to avoid setting up again.

Thanks for the help

Dannybear
Master
Master

Just to clarify, the problem camera is saying it is connected ok after a few seconds when using the android app?

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, that is correct.

After logging in on the app, the camera shows disconnected and then after a few seconds, it becomes connected.

However, on the PC, the camera remains 'off' until it is manually switched on.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Geoff wrote:

Yes, that is correct.

After logging in on the app, the camera shows disconnected and then after a few seconds, it becomes connected.

However, on the PC, the camera remains 'off' until it is manually switched on.

At the moment, there are several bugs in my.arlo.com related to camera status - my own video doorbell always is offline in the browser.  In the app it often starts out off-line, and then shows up as connected a few seconds later (similar to your situation).

The app is showing the correct status (eventually), the browser isn't.  I don't think there is anything you can do about it (other than use the workarounds you've already found).

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for that.....at least then it doesn't sound as though I'm alone with this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Geoff wrote:

They do.

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks