Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Video Has Distorted Colors

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikemm
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few weeks ago I noticed one of my cameras started showing pinks / distorted colors in its live video feed.

I have taken the batteries out and put back in,

I have rebooted the base station.

I have removed the camera and re-added it. 

I've cleaned the lense. 

When I log into my Netgear support apparently there is no warranty information even though I bought it less than 3 months ago. 

I have 3 other cameras and they are all fine. This is actually one of the closest cameras to the unit. 

Any ideas? 

HW version: H7

Firmware: 1.2.21616

Nothing changes - it is like this day and night. 

download.png

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The warranty is based on your receipt which will be requested for warranty service. Open a case here with support for an RMA.

mikemm
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to submit an email to support but every time I type in the email box it disappears and tells me to do a live chat, when I open the live chat popup it just loads a blank page and stops there. I've tried on two macs in safari and chrome and on windows in internet explorer just in case they were in the dark ages.. nothing.

Where on the site can I open an RMA?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Email isn't available unless chat is offline. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. You'll find options for chat and phone.

mikemm
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks - I tried again and managed to get through to the chat support - it works when I use my Gmail email but not when I use my personal email address; odd. The product is under warranty and I need to go home and do some more troubleshooting before they can replace it / suggest what can be done, 

zimaka
Guide
Guide

i have this colour issue problem in my sricam ip camera..how to fix it...please tell if know

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea. Use the support measures offered by that manufacturer.

mikemm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well this is covered under Warranty but Netgear doesn't have a fulfillment centre in South Africa and the store I purchased from (Ubuy) doesn't do warranty returns and says I must refer to the manufacturer.. so basically a bunch of finger pointing resulting in me having one less camera.