Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Vacation Mode Battery Problem?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jmrathbun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last autumn I bought a vanilla Arlo camera and base station that worked fine through the winter to show me the condition of my driveway from home or away. I noticed that after a month of service the battery indicator was down to about 50% so I started turning the camera off when it wasn't needed. Sometime between then and now, the base station was turned off. When I tested the camera this morning, I couldn't connect and it said the base station was offline. After I recycled the base station and verified the Internet light was steady green, I tried to resynch my camera but couldn't. I got NO light on the front of the camera. I'm assuming this means the batteries discharged over the summer.

What's the best method for shutting this system down when I don't anticipate needing it over the summer?

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

normally turning the camera off via the interface reduces use to a trickle, but opening the battery door will turn it off completely.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And having the base off for any reason causes the batteries to drain much more quickly since the camera is trying to connect to the base, which is off and won't respond.  Keep the base on.

jmrathbun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm thinking I'll delay putting this back up until November and then take it down and remove the batteries at the end of March.