Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera Is Not Detecting Motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Kiwiarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras and 1 seems to never detect motion although led indicator shows its working in test. Mode and rules all set to record from that camera and senitivity set to 100%. I can only use it now to record as a set rule from motion detection from another camera. Also is there actual alro support or just community forum?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Try to remove the camera ( remove device ) and bring back as new to rebuild the modes

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Lakeside2MD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm running one Pro 2 and 2 Arlo's mounted on under the eve of the roof.   Nice and dry locations

but I'm getting very sporadic results with motion detection.    When I do the test the yellow LED performs well and I can adjust the range from the iPhone app.    I'm running at 100% now on all three cams just to get something to activate them, but again....very hard to reliablly get motion recordings.

Thoughts, tips, suggestions?

Thks

@TomMac wrote:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Try to remove the camera ( remove device ) and bring back as new to rebuild the modes

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Single story or two story construction? What's the real distance from the camera to the desired detection zone (closest and farthest distances)? The cameras will only detect out to 20 feet orso if the motion is side to side.

Kiwiarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Very time consuming and frustrating removing cameras, reloading, testing and updating rules all the time. Also seem to pickup moving shadows, birds, Leaves etc yet cant get my car leaving the driveway even having to do a 3point turn to drive out foward.

Kiwiarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

But if detection works via the test and the led indicator im guessing that where it is installed is ok no mater the distance or height. Or what is the point of the test function? Why in test mode does it pickup movement yet in armed mode will not? Everything checked and set to record in set mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Please answer my questions so we have an idea of what's going on. Also, posting screenshots/pictures of the installation and view from the camera could be useful. We can't see what you see.