Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Cam took a dive

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I accidentally dropped my Arlo camera in my pool, I retrieved quickly and stored it inside a bag of rice for 2 days. Now, nothing happens. I installed new batteries, a blue light appears but I can't sync the camera with the base station. Any help? Is the camera ruined?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I think you're looking at buying a new camera. Waiting longer may help but power while wet could damage components. Wait a week or two, maybe with a fan blowing on it with the battery cover open. I've received cell phones dropped into a pond this way (don't ask).
lokiyo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Aren't these cameras suppose to stand for any kind of weather? Sun, snow AND rain? I know a deep dive is not the same as a rain, but a heavy rain can have the same effect.

JuanClaudio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could it be because I switched to rechargeable batteries instead of regular ones? After I installed them, the camera blinked a blue light once, but then nothing. It did not sync. No 10-sec blinking lights.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That's a distinct possibility. There are 3.0v and 3.7v rechargeable batteries but only the 3.7v ones work properly. Netgear has some Tenergy batteries and charger certified for use. Don't use cheap, high capacity ones since they're bogus and have caused fires and meltdowns. Check the accessories here and you'll get links to purchase.

In the meantime, try nonrechargeable batteries to confirm whether the camera is working.