Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Album
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

We really really need a base station bridge. No amount of positioning allows good signal for both of my cameras (the cameras are too far apart) Buying an additional base station just isnt a realistic option....far too expensive. 

Please please please can you guys develop a simple plugin bridge that will extend the WIFI signal of the base station. Something similar to the Arlo doorbell bridge would be perfect. Or allow the wifi signal of the basestation to be extended by off the shelf wifi extenders.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Based on the cost of the system in the first place and the cost of additional cameras, a second base isn't nearly as costly. Even if a bridge were available, I'd wager it wouldn't much less than a base. People have them as low as $18 on eBay and and a new Pro model with siren and USB ports that can be used for $64 on Amazon.

Album
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the advice, but I beg to differ. You cannot get the new base station on eBay at the moment and a second ultra base station costs >$220 on Amazon. A simple WiFi repeater would be a far cheaper option.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I saw several bases on eBay. And why are you looking at Ultra bases when Pro bbases are much cheaper?

Album
Aspirant
Aspirant
Because, as mentioned in my initial post: I only have ultra cameras, ultra cameras currently aren’t compatible with Pro bases.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It helps if the posts are in the appropriate forum, such as the Ultra one here. I was responding due to the location of this post.