Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Jshoe
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is the setup:

I have an Arlo Base station running firmware 1.8.1.1_10234

I have 6 Arlo Cameras running firmware 1.2.10342

I have 1 Arlo Camera running firmware 1.2.2688

I have an Arlo Q running 1.8.3.0_9926

Signal strength is strong. Not a signal issue.

I have rebooted the base several times, the router several times, and even the cameras by taking the batteries out and putting them back in.

The last time this happened I had to setup my system from scratch. This an not an acceptable solution.

The issue is not with my internet provider. I have checked at many different times and I always get at least 50mbps down and at least 5mbps up. I work in IT and have for many years. I know this can be ruled out.

I have audio droputs on the Q. Fixed after reboot.

I have one camera running 1.2.10342 that doesn't always remain connected.

I need these to be working at all times. What do I need to do to ensure this? I've spent close to $1000 on this system.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
Jshoe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now the camera with the new firmware will not work at all. Not even intermittently. I cannot retitle my post so I can add the camera no longer works??? 

James

A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jshoe,

If all other cameras are updating, as you say, it likely isn't an issue with the ISP. It could be an issue with the camera itself. I would recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Jshoe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please reread what I wrote. Only one camera has updated. All the others are on older firmware.

Thanks
Jshoe
Apprentice
Apprentice
In my original post, which it will not let me edit, it should read:

The one regular arlo camera with the latest firmware will not connect. The camera running 1.2.2. I said this in my first reply.

Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What JamesC was correct.  One of your cameras updated but the issue with the others may well need interaction with support.  Success on one should result in success with the others.  Lack of success on the others requires further investigation.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jshoe,

Your original post indicates 6 cameras are running firmware 1.2.10342, which is the latest firmware (meaning all of these cameras have successfully been updated). You indicate only 1 camera is running firmware 1.2.2688 which is old firmware. This suggests there could be an issue with that camera. I recommended contacting support to further investigate why that camera is not completing the update.

JamesC

Jshoe
Apprentice
Apprentice
How is 1.2.1 newer than 1.2.2? Do you do firmware updates in numbers going backwards? I've never heard or seen that before...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Youre misreading. Note that the x.2xxx is thousands while x.1xxxx is 10 thousands.
F150Fan
Star
Star
Caution: the following is quite geeky and very boring to normal folks. If you're normal, you may want to bypass this response.

Software versioning typically follows this convention: major.minor[.build[.revision]], with the last two segments optional. For example, a new product release would be version 1.0. A substantial functional enhancement to this release would be 1.1. A new build that included minor functionality, bug fixes, etc. would be 1.1.1. Additional bug fixes, say to patch security concerns, would then be 1.1.1.1. So within a given release, new enhancements would increment the second segment; new builds for a release would increment the third, etc.
Yingmsy
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem and by the looks of things there are a lot of issues with net gear an firmware updates. ARLO is for sure not worth the money. Sets up quick and the can even load a simple update. What can't they us a download and USB upgrade like everyone else
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yingmsy,

Poor internet speeds can cause issues with receiving the firmware updates.

Who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds?

JamesC