Arlo Base Station shuts down immideately

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I plug in our Arlo Base Station (approx 2 years old) the green LEDs light up for a second or two and then the orange Power LED lights up for a second and then all LEDs turn off.

What has happened?

/Holger

12 REPLIES 12
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like a bad base unit... the only time the power led is amber is during a boot sequence

Have you tried a full reset on the base ( hold in reset for 10 secs till all leds flash amber ) ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but due to it shutting down fast I cannot press the button for 10 seconds, the Base Station is shut off before it seems.

I bought it End of June 2016. Doh!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HolgerGr,

It could be a bad power adapter, if you have another base station AC adapter, try using it to see if you experience the same behavior.

JamesC

HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I only have one Base Station.

What are the specs for the adapter (V, A)? I might try a different one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's listed on your existing power supply.

HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so yesterday I let the power supply out of the socket for 12 hours or so. Now the Base Station boots up to the following status:

Power LED: green

Internet LED: green but blinks for 5 seconds every minute or so

Camera LED: orange

I can reset the Base Station but the condition is as above again after that.

I cannot sync the cameras.

We bought the system in June 2016. I went to the store (Mediamarkt in Germany) and they told me: nope, Netgear wont take back for repair (at least it will be way more expensive than buying a new Base Station) and Netgear wont oblige for the month we are over the two years of warranty.

Smiley Sad

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The amber Camera LED means you have to claim the base before anything else will work. Remove all devices found in Settings, My Devices. Claim the base using the Add Device button in the Devices tab. Then sync the cameras.

HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh boy, so I have to erase all the settings?

I'll give it a try ...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, all settings, modes, rules and schedules will be erased. Write down anything that you may have changed or custom modes/rules you've created as well as any schedules to speed the recovery.

HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did not work 😞

I deleted all cameras and tried to sync them again.

The orange camera LED switches to green for a few seconds, then back to orange and the blue little LED on the camera does not stop blinking.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you claim the base first using the Add Device button on the Devices tab? Until the Camera LED is no longer solid amber, nothing is going to work.

HolgerGr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, wait a moment!

No, I only tried to add cameras.

I did not notice that I can (have to) choose a Base Station too in the list of devices.