Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station not discoverable on 2nd IPhone. Only discoverable on one device?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rurohit23
Aspirant
Aspirant

The base station is detected by my iPhone and sets up smoothly. However, when my wife tries to set up the base station, it is not found on her iPhone. Very strange. She has access right from me. And her app is up to date. And she has reinstalled the app too and the base station has also been reset. It was working perfectly for both us before and now the base station only seems to be discoverable on ONE iPhone device, and not another. Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A person being granted access does not set up the system - it's already set up. Following the directions fully, her account is created and the cameras shared with her are displayed on login.

Rurohit23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks but why is the base station not being detected from her iPhone ??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because it's already claimed in your account. Being granted access doesn't imply ownership or being able to set the system up. 

Rurohit23
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok - but when she opens her Arlo app, she needs to add the cameras that I have given her access to. When she tries to add a camera, she is prompted to add a base station first. When she tries to add the base station, it doesn’t find any! Please help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras should already be there - that's the function of granting access.  Try removing her account in your Grant Access and grant it again.