Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Suthy25
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, reading through a lot of these 'solutions' I have come to the conclusion that this system has a 3-6 month lifespan, I am disgusted with the connectability for an item that is so expensive, there was me thinking I upgraded but in reality I downgraded, worst system EVER!

9 REPLIES 9
Dinerve
Apprentice
Apprentice

What do you mean 3-6months lifespan exactly?

Suthy25
Aspirant
Aspirant

It means the majority of the units last 3-6 months, simples!

It's absolutely crap, come and take it off my hands FOC!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine's been working for 1.5 years with few issues (had to replace one camera). 3-6 month lifespan is silly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Suthy25,

Are you having a specific issue? Many users on the community (including myself) have equipment much older than 3-6 months that is behaving as expected.

If you are having an issue with your Arlo system, please let us know the details, we would be happy to offer assistance.

JamesC

Suthy25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Then you're lucky, I have removed the whole system and getting a new wired system, got loads of cheap batteries if you want them for your superior system!

Suthy25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gone beyond assistance, the hardware has obviously gone **bleep** up so it's gone in the bin!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As opposed to a warranty claim?  Smart.

Suthy25
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I was trying to be smart but the 'community' wasn't helping either calling me thick because the way I contacted support was incorrect even though it was what the 'community' pages told me to do, work that one out!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the Support link at the top of every page here? Contact Support link on the right will give you the proper options.