Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station Traumas - Power Supply?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
splathead46
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received a second-hand single camera Arlo system recently.
The seller tells me that everything was working when he sent it. However, I am having trouble just getting the thing to power on - I havent managed to get as far as the camera setup yet.

When I connect the base station to the mains and turn it on, all of the LEDs initially flash green and then go off - just leaving the orange power light on. I understand that this means the unit is booting but after several waits of upto 30 minutes of waiting, it doesnt seem to be.

I have tried the factory reset on numerous occasions. This does not seem to go according to the web description. I have held the SYNC and reset buttons for more than 10 seconds on numerous occasions but there is no change in the state of the lights.  I have also tried the updated method with just the Reset Button.

On one occasion, after a reset / power off/on cycle, the three lights on the right hand side of the display area remained lit along with the power light on as orange. This did not change after 15 minutes.

On another occasion, after a power-off/on cycle, the power light remained flashing green, indicating a firmware update but as I cant get the unit to be recognised by my Netgear D6400 router, Im guessing that this is unlikely.

As you the seller didnt supply an Ethernet cable, I have tried many different ones and different ports on my Router - all to no avail.

I have a ticket in with Netgear Support but I suspect that this may take I while.

I am wondering if the seller has sent the wrong Power Supply.  Can anyone with a UK Power Supply tell me what the part number should be?

Thanks                    

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

splathead46,

Consider a factory reset by holding only the reset button down until all LEDs flash amber. Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.

JamesC

splathead46
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James.

Thanks for your response. I tried this for many different periods if time but to no effect.

I have just returned the unit to the seller and bought myself a brand new one. Hopefully I will have no problems with that.