Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station Power Up Freezes

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
foolsgold279
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Base Station power light freezes on the ORANGE color. Tried rebooting. Tried turning off for a while and rebooting. All I get is an ORANGE light. This started 4 days ago.

Thanks for suggestions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
foolsgold279
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been out of town. But I figured it out. Apparently the Base Station will not get passed the orange boot up light unless you have an internet connection. Figured out a LAN cable was not completely connected in a switch. So no internet access. I figured it out after I found out my printer was also not working. Both were connected to the same switch. Thanks for the suggestions. I wished the online troubleshooting would have mentioned that the Base Station required an internet connection to boot up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

foolsgold279 wrote:

My Arlo Base Station power light freezes on the ORANGE color. Tried rebooting. Tried turning off for a while and rebooting. All I get is an ORANGE light. This started 4 days ago.

Thanks for suggestions.

If you tried a FULL RESET ( hold in reset for about 10 secs till the front leds flash amber ) and it still continues, it sounds like a power problem or base problem.

Contact support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

foolsgold279,

I agree with TomMac above, consider a factory reset and if you still are having issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

foolsgold279
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been out of town. But I figured it out. Apparently the Base Station will not get passed the orange boot up light unless you have an internet connection. Figured out a LAN cable was not completely connected in a switch. So no internet access. I figured it out after I found out my printer was also not working. Both were connected to the same switch. Thanks for the suggestions. I wished the online troubleshooting would have mentioned that the Base Station required an internet connection to boot up.