Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station - GeoIP Filter Exceptions

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pablo_1992
Follower
Follower

Hello,

Our company has implemented Geo-IP based filtering of inbound connections on our enterprise firewall. I would like to know why I needed to make an exception for Ireland in order for the base stations to establish an internet connection. I confirmed that this was the case through another post https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Cloud-location-and-privacy/td-p/1188139. 

After whitelisting Ireland in my Geo-IP filter configuration the base stations changed from offline to connected almost right away. Arlo support had zero knowledge of this, and there is no documentation available which outlines the endpoints that need to be communicated with in anything I can find.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo is primarily designed around home networks. Business networks/firewalls have always proven to be problematic for reasons such as what you encountered. Home networks usually allow all access on ports 80,123 and 443 to the world while many business networks have to whitelist or otherwise allow access for Arlo installations.