Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
thegoutman
Follower
Follower

Good Evening. After having a working Arlo system for almost a year after a power outage I've been unable to get the base to connect again. I have tried what people have suggested, rest the system, unplugged, used a new ethernet cable, reset all cameras and nothing......my high speed internet is working fine but the base WILL NOT CONNECT. The green internet light will stay solid for a little while then blink for a little while.

Super frustrated with this product that I use to love 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If all LEDs are green, the system is working. I never got a really clear answer on this - have you tried both the app and a browser as well as logging out and back in?  You said yes, tried everythinng sensible but I don't know what that means.

A reset may be needed but opening a case with support may provide some clues since they have access to logs:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The first thing to try is to reboot your modem, router and base, in that order. Let each fully initialize before going on to the next.

Use of a UPS can help prevent this as well as providing coverage during any outage.

72dg
Aspirant
Aspirant

same situation here, power outage and I'm now just getting 'your base station appears offline' The green internet light is solid with occassional flashes, I can see it connected through my router (I've tried it in a DMZ to rule out port issues) all other devices working as normal 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a browser as well as logging out and back in?

72dg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, tried everything sensible, even moved the base station to direct contact with the router
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing? What have you tried? What do you see? Any error messages?

72dg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've moved the base station off the powerline adaptor and plugged it straight into the modem. All lights (power, web, etc) are green. The router is showing it has a connection, isnt firewalled and should have direct internet access. 

Its been working without fault for 2 years now. All other devices have internet access without  issue. I've power cyccled the base station and router several times. 

Next step will be a hard reset of the base station I guess. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If all LEDs are green, the system is working. I never got a really clear answer on this - have you tried both the app and a browser as well as logging out and back in?  You said yes, tried everythinng sensible but I don't know what that means.

A reset may be needed but opening a case with support may provide some clues since they have access to logs:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

72dg
Aspirant
Aspirant

reset the base station to factory and its back up and running 

D