Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App not presenting fingerprint login as option to open app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
irzapper
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just bought several Arlo cameras and base. But before I set up, I wanted to get the Arlo App to work properly. 

I have set up my Arlo account, opened the app and enabled the "fingerprint login" option so I can quickly login as needed, however once I logout of the app, and try to login again, the fingerprint login is never presented as a login option, never. Therefore the only login option presented by the app is for me to manually enter my email address and password. (two-step verification is working fine, but no fingerprint login)

I have followed some others advice already of turning off my android device fingerprint login option, then turning off my device completely and waiting 10 seconds, then turning my device back on, then try to open the Arlo app and see if fingerprint login option is available, it is not!

(My device is an Android running ver-8 software)

(I have the latest Arlo app version # 2.17.1_28025)

I have now created six Arlo support case numbers over the last two weeks, Arlo support has been absolutely useless at providing a solution to getting my fingerprint login working. (unbelievably lousy Arlo support, Arlo should be embarrassed of their support team for not helping people who pay for their equipment)  Maybe my answer is simply return my Arlo equipment and get a refund.

So this community is my last hope before returning my Arlo equipment.

Please help.

Thank you in advance, very much appreciated.

irzapper

06/18/2020 PDT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi irzapper,

When you log out of the Arlo app, you will need to enter your email address and password again. As long as you quit the Arlo app and not log out, you should be able to log in with your fingerprint when you re-open the Arlo app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi irzapper,

When you log out of the Arlo app, you will need to enter your email address and password again. As long as you quit the Arlo app and not log out, you should be able to log in with your fingerprint when you re-open the Arlo app.

irzapper
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you JessicaP.

That is the answer I was looking for and solves the problem.

After six open case number I created with Arlo support, nobody provided that answer, unbelievable.

So thank you so much for your help.

Very much appreciated.

Robert S.
06/26/2020