Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
YRP001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have updated the Arlo App to the latest version and since then, the app crashes every time I go to the Settings tab. All the other tabs are working fine. Will there be another update to fix this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This should now be resolved on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.13. You can read more about the update here: Arlo iOS App - 2.13 - 3rd March 2020

If you're still experiencing this problem with your Arlo iOS app crashing on your iPad when going to Settings, please let us know.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Streak2
Master Master
Master

On what device do you have the app. installed?

blahonga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem when using the app on my IPad. Works on IPhone though. Both devices are running IOS 13.3

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Delete the app from your ipad and then reinstall. Usually fixes issues like this.
YRP001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Streak2,

The problem is still occurring on my iPad. I have deleted and reinstalled the app but it is still the same. The app crashes each time I tap on the "Settings" tab.

The app works fine on my iPhone. Could this be a bug that will be fixed on a future update?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

What version of he Arlo app are you running on your IPad?

There were many crash issues previously reported on Ipads , seems to have been fixed in later versions.

This is the latest

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/Arlo-iOS-App-2-12-2-8th-January-2020/m-p/175135...

YRP001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the latest version 2.12.2 on my iPad.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

As a last resort you could try and soft reset your Ipad.

I also assume that you are not able to further update the IOS version on your Ipad?

Other than that I think that based on the vintage of your Ipad and version of IOS installed that you may be out of luck.

blahonga
Aspirant
Aspirant

As stated above I have the exakt same problem and I am running latest/greatest of everything on my IPad Pro 11. I have no problems updating IOS or any app. I would guess that this something that has to be fixed by the Arlo App-developers.

Rgds Fredrik

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi YRP001 and blahonga,

What iPad model are you using? And what iOS version are you running on your iPad? 

Does the issue not resolve when you try restarting your iPad?

blahonga
Aspirant
Aspirant
IPad Pro 11 and IOS 13.3. Restarts does not help.

Rgds Fredrik
YRP001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

I use iPad mini 4 with iOS 13.3. I restarted it but the problem is still there.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the information. Our development team is aware about the issue where the Arlo iOS app crashes when you go to Settings tab on your iPad and is currently looking into this. Once we hear any new information, we'll be sure to update the community.

blahonga
Aspirant
Aspirant

The bug seems to be fixed in the latest Beta. Thanks! 😀

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This should now be resolved on the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 2.13. You can read more about the update here: Arlo iOS App - 2.13 - 3rd March 2020

If you're still experiencing this problem with your Arlo iOS app crashing on your iPad when going to Settings, please let us know.