Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Ken118
Tutor
Tutor

Mobile: Samsung Note 8 (SM-N950F)

Android Version: 8.0.0

Arlo Version: 2.5.1_21471

Opening the Arlo App, I immedietly get the Arlo has stopped message with two options (Close app/Send feedback). I have uninstalled and re-installed from the Play store and get the same issue.

18 REPLIES 18
Vince123456
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the same problem, on iOS 11.3.1

App crashes as soon as I open it.

Strangely, I still get the notifications.

Ken118
Tutor
Tutor

Same. Notifications still work fine.

Que13
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue.  Everytime I open the app on Iphone X (11.3.1) it crashes immedietly.  I've tried uninstalling and resetting phone.  nothing helps.  

Ken118
Tutor
Tutor

Re-installed the application today. I am able to open the app to the point where it asks you for username and password and once logged in the same happens with the error message.

I recieved a notification from Arlo before this happened to say that their system have been compromised and to request users to change their username and passwords, wonder if this is the issue as I am now also unable to view the cameras from a PC. Password on the account has been changed.

Vince123456
Aspirant
Aspirant

The weirdest thing is that if I uninstall and reinstall the app, it will work perfectly for a minute, and then it will stop and keep crashing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Android Arlo mobile app is available in the app store. Please download the latest version of the app and let me know if you continue experience this issue.

Release Notes - Android App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

DBrown29
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem as the others..Have the newest app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's only happening to some devices. It works fine o 2 devices for me but not on another. I've reported it. This is a holiday weekend so no idea what kind of response we'll get.

Jmac4646
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does this regularly happen? Just bought today an cant even get in the app due to this same error
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a different device or try a computer browser.

Liinda
Tutor
Tutor
I am experiencing all the same issues here on android. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, shut the phone on and off, reset the base, checked all my permissions. App just keeps saying Wont Start, Send Feedback. When reinstall get to point of logging in then same thing..wont start, send feedback. Please Advise!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you read my previous response (post #9) here?

Liinda
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you. I see #9 response. I guess we just wait then? Appreciate your time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support here to raise awareness.

Liinda
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure how to go about doing that. Can't believe they have no customer service phones numbers anywhere and there site isn't user friendly with issues like this. When I click support I get topic options and that's why I ended up here. Very frustrating.. I have an expensive product that cannot be used right now and I can't seem to "find" help.
mohisa
Aspirant
Aspirant
No funciona la app en la última actualización, se cierra sola
TommyAlb
Initiate
Initiate
how do I fix this
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru