Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App cant 'find' base station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ERAPR
Aspirant
Aspirant
So tried everything on this forum. The app keeps searching but doest find the base station to connect to it. Both lights are green (power/internet) I have an apple router, but that shouldnt be a problem. Changed the DCHP/NAT setting that I read somewhere on here....still nothing!! Please Help!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem using the app for setup is that the mobile device has to be on WiFi on the same network as the base station and router.  You can't use 3/4G to perform setup.  Is that the issue?

For this reason (and others), it may be easier to use a computer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual problem using the app for setup is that the mobile device has to be on WiFi on the same network as the base station and router.  You can't use 3/4G to perform setup.  Is that the issue?

For this reason (and others), it may be easier to use a computer.

ERAPR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Negative. Will try using the computer, but they are both in the same wireless network
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a factory reset. Use just the reset button first until the LEDs flash amber. If that doesn't get the LEDs to flash use the reset button as well as the Sync button.

ERAPR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it working!!! I had already tried the factory reset. Hard reset. Soft reset everything.

I just did the serup via computer. Although has trouble with my email, just put another email, and now they are up and working!!

Thanks!