Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sza1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

I originally purchased an arlo camera pack about 3 years ago. Since then I have moved and the email registered to the account is no longer in use. I'd like  to install them in my new house and re-create an account. How do I do that?

-SImon

4 REPLIES 4
T2342344
Star
Star

I guess you must first deactivate the base from the old account. Basically you don't need the email account for that action if you still remember the Arlo account password.

sza1981
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately its been so long since I've used it that I don't remember my log in either. Netgear please advise

brh
Master
Master

@sza1981

Since the base station is registered to your old account and you did not remove the device from your account before halting operations, you will probably need to contact Customer Service. If you follow the link at the bottom of this page for service all the way through, you will find the customer service phone number for the country you live in. There may be long waits, but they should be able to help you.

I am not sure if you were to purchase a new base station and set it up with a new account if you would be able to add your cameras to the new base or not. I have heard conflicting reports about this. The best solution is to contact support.

Brian

T2342344
Star
Star

Yes, that is definitely a support case. I hope Arlo support has solid ways to proof that these kind of  requests are legitimate, otherwise anyone could ruin the security by just requesting the support to unregister devices from anyone's account by just knowing the login name.