Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo-1) can't click on new date in library 2) motion isn't triggering recording 3)no records in dark

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

1)When I go into my library, sometimes I am not able to get out of yesterday's date (it won't allow me to click on the present day's date).  I try logging out and then logging back in, and only sometimes will it advance to the present day.

2) My camera is located on the second story in order to get the best view of our front pathway and driveway.  The motion outside is not triggering the camera to record.  I'm assuming there it is too far away to sense the motion even though I have the sensitivity set on 100%.  Unfortunately we are limited to areas on the main floor due to trees in the front blocking the view.

3) The camera does not seem to be recording any movement once it is dark outside.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manfredz
Hero
Hero

is the movement you're trying to record moving across the cam )good), or into the cam (bad for a small object). 

Any chance your cam is inside?  Because PIR motion detection systems won't work through glass.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

re 3.  any chance you have night vision turned off under the video settings for that cam?

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Manfredz,  Thanks so much for the idea, but yes, we do have the night vision turned on.  Sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply though 🙂

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have moved the camera to the first floor to be in a closer range.  The camera only seems to record when there is movement on the inside of our house rather than the outside.  It turns out I can move on to the present date in the library if a recording has happened.  The problem is, however, it's rarely recording as it doesn't seem to sense any movement on the outside of the house.  The camera is within 6 feet of the area we are trying to record. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  

manfredz
Hero
Hero

is the movement you're trying to record moving across the cam )good), or into the cam (bad for a small object). 

Any chance your cam is inside?  Because PIR motion detection systems won't work through glass.

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much Manfredz!  We were trying to use it through glass.  We have moved it outside now.   I sure do appreciate your time.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

All battery operated cams use the infrared PIR system to detect motion which won't work through glass, may have difficulties with small objects and are good with objects crossing the cam but poor with small and medium sized objects moving into the cam.

Most mains-powered cams on the other hand use a system which compares pixels. much better motion detection system but uses much more power.  So kind of like pick one of two.

Wencon14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!