Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Natush
Guide
Guide

My wire-free, indoor/outdoor camera stopped working. Model number VMC3030. BAr code is 48B15274238A3
I tried to do what you suggest on your support page but nothing worked. Please help
Nataliya

11 REPLIES 11
steve_t
Master Master
Master
What's happening? Did the batteries go flat? Did you replace them? Are any front LED flashing when you open and close the battery compartment?
Natush
Guide
Guide

First, it happened in the summer and I was too busy at work and couldn't take care of it. My guess that something happened during software update, probably the batteries died during the update process. I replaced the batteries and tried to update the software via account login. The camera did not respond. Then, per community recommendation I deleted the camera from my list of devices in the account but was never successful to bring it back to life.

Current Status: camera has charged batteries, the blue light blinked for few seconds. Tried to Sync it with base station - no result. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just to be thorot, you were pressing the sync button briefly and not holding it down, right?
Natush
Guide
Guide

Like it asked in the step by step web app I holded sync button for 2 seconds. Later on I tried to briefly hold it, then hold it for a long time. Restarted all devices. Tryed doing it again. All possible variations that my mind could think of.

steve_t
Master Master
Master
Briefly push it, don't hold it
Natush
Guide
Guide

It does not help. The camera does not respond

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Contact support.
bollokks
Initiate
Initiate

I have had exactly the same issue with 2 of my cameras, and No feed back from support. I am thinking if they are that tempermental I should just chuck em in the bin. Not happy with this situation and trying to get support is a joke.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What are the exact symptoms, including LEDs on the base, as we'll as what you've tried? What's the distance between cameras and base and what do the WiFi indicators show? More details are better.
bollokks
Initiate
Initiate

After a period of time I switched the 2 cameras on (with fresh bateries) the router is left on permanently connected to the Arlo Wi Fi Hub. Each camera flashed an amber light and would not conect to the system even when I tried to re-synk, only one of the two Blue LED's came on for 3-4 seconds and went off without synking. I have tried uninstalling 1 of the cameras and reinstalling it - but the hub will not pick it up. I have tried power cycling the hub, the router the camera and to no avail nothing has worked even through my mobile.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure you're only briefly pressing the base sync button.

Maybe it's time to reset and start fresh. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.