Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Shah1n1an
Follower
Follower

AREA CODE FOR CYPRUS IS NOT CORRECT THE CORRECT AREA CODE IS +357 AND NOT +537

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue where the Cyprus area code was showing +537 instead of +357 should now be resolved on the latest Arlo iOS app version 2.19. Make sure to download and install the latest version of the Arlo iOS app. For more information about the latest version, read here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19- 17th August 2020

Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Shah1n1an,

Could you provide a screenshot that shows the incorrect area code? And are you seeing this through the web client on your computer as well?

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team,

Today I received an email about Two-step verification is an added layer of account security to verify that it's really you, even if someone knows your password

I already enable this feature for added security but when I log in other device the account is block and I cannot proceed to see the cameras.

My question will be as follows:

I already enter my email address and password but I did not received any sms or email with a code in order to verify that it's me.

Please been informed that Cyprus as a country is not listed in your data in order to be able to send an sms message.

Could you inform me how to proceed?

Thanks in avdvance,

BR

Haris

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Area code for Cyprus should be 357... could you check it and inform accordingly?
BR
HH
Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica and Arlo Team,

Area code for Cyprus should be 357... could you check it and inform accordingly?
BR
HH

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Shah1n1an and Houlio79,

Thanks for letting us know about this. We've reported this to the Arlo development team and they're looking into this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I hope you are well.

Any update informarion as far solution to the problem?

Kind Regards
Haris
Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team,

Any feedback or comments regarding my question??

BR

HH

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Houlio79,

The development team is still investigating this issue. Could you provide a screenshot that shows the incorrect area code? And which phone device are you using?

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Arlo Team,

Please see attach photo as per your request. As you can see area code for Cyprus country still is wrong and it’s urgent to be changed for safety reasons...
Could you confirm?

Thanks in advance,

BR
HH
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for the screenshot. Have you tried entering your phone number with the area code (as shown from your screenshot) to see if you do receive a text?

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear Jesicca and Arlo Team,

Yes but code#357 for Cyprus is NOT listed in your directory.

Could you check it?

BR

HH
Mark-V
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Houlio79 ,

My name is Mark and I am one of the Level 3 Techs with Arlo. We are aware of the issue that is reported of the country code +357 for Cyprus being incorrectly shown as +537. Per our engineering team, they believe that if you do try to enter your phone number with the incorrect country code +537, that the software will correct this on our side, and your SMS verification should come through even with the wrong country code appearing.

Alternately, if you have an Android device available, you can use an Android device to create your account, as our Android app does not have the same error. After creating the account and setting up two-factor authentication, you should be able to log in on your iOS device.

Thank you,

Mark V

L3 Support Engineer

Houlio79
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Mark and Arlo Team,

I did try to add the area code 537 even if it's wrong area code for Cyprus but still the problem persists and cannot be sent an sms and it shows "Invalid number".....

Please try to solve the problem for safety reasons as per your description letter email to all your members.

Could you confirm?

Thanks in advance,

BR

HH

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue where the Cyprus area code was showing +537 instead of +357 should now be resolved on the latest Arlo iOS app version 2.19. Make sure to download and install the latest version of the Arlo iOS app. For more information about the latest version, read here: Arlo iOS App - 2.19- 17th August 2020

Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue.