Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

My boss and I are attempting to troubleshoot the camera system she has, but none of the cameras are coming on despite the base being plugged in and connected to the wifi. The camera lights are blinking orange, but they don't need to be charged because they're wired.

Did Arlo stop supporting this system? If so, I think we need to buy a new security set...

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you mean the VMB3500 base station, they are still supported but haven't been produced in a long time.

What are the LEDs on the base showing? All 3 should be green for it to work. The LEDs on the cameras (which camera - the original with 4 CR123 batteries or the Pro or Pro 2 with the square-ish rechargeable battery?) blinking amber can mean 2 things:

1) slow blink means low battery and

2) fast blink means not connecting to the base

If it's the slow blink, you need to ensure the power adapters are actually working (AC at the outlet, USB power at the camera). 

All details as to what you see and what you've tried are needed.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, double checked the base station and it's a VMB-3000. The VMK-3500 was the model number they used for the set she got. 

There are two solid green lights on the NETGEAR base station, one for power and one for online connectivity.

The light for the cameras on the base is not lit. The lights on the cameras are blinking orange quickly. One is powered via USB cable to an outlet, and the others seem like they're battery operated.

I've already tried unplugging and then replugging the base after 30 seconds, I've tried unplugging the wired camera for 30 seconds, and I'm attempting to Factory Reset them all now. Guess I'll need to test the batteries too.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: Removed the devices on the app first and then did the Factory Reset of the base station. After resetting, the green lights came on again, but the hub isn't acting connected despite the ethernet being plugged in. The cameras with batteries still work, I managed to find them in the office, but because the hub isn't connecting it's not letting me connect cameras.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming the power and Internet LEDs are green and the Camera LED is off or solid amber, you have to claim the base into the account before anything will work. Use Add Device from the Devices screen and choose to add a base station. Once that is connected you should then be able to add the cameras using the same process but choosing the legacy cameras section. Does that work?

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! Sorry for a late reply, thank you guys for helping.
Yes, after removing the devices from the account and doing a factory-reset (as well as change the batteries), the cameras seem like they work. They're thankfully connected and can be seen from the primary owner's phone, my Boss' iPhone. We can't see the feed on any other device though. I get notifications about movement, but nobody else invited on the account can see the camera feeds. Is there anything we can do to fix this?
I'm yet to connect the other 3 cameras current set up, but I'll give an update if I have anymore issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The owner needs to go into Settings, Grant Access and check the various guest accounts for what cameras are shared with each account. I believe removing a camera and adding it back in also removes the camera from all accounts that were granted access.

ToriAtSIQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

So to clarify, I should remove myself from the invites, and re-setup the camera, and then invite?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

That is correct.