Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
stevedixon312
Initiate
Initiate

I have a VMS3330 system which is 3 months old. All batteries were flat and I have replaced the batteries in one camera and disabled the others by removing the batteries.

My Power, Internet, and Comera lights are on solid green.

The system is permanantly "Armed"and I get the emails from Arlo,m and I can see the Video from the email only. I can not see the video in my Library

In the App, I can not see the "Mode" icon, I only see Cameras, Library, and Settings.

From my PC I start the "Settup" and the PC will not detect the devices (yes, I am connected via the same router, the PC is wi-fi and the base station ethernet)

If I click on Cameras it asks me to "Add Device", If I tap on "Add Device" I get the Camera option, then the Base Station Option, then the "How to Sync" instruction, the camera is obviously Synced because if I move I am sent the email and video.

If I "Close" the "How to Sync" page I go back to "Add Device"

If I tap "Recordings" at this point there are "No Recordings"

I have tried a hard reset (hold reset button for 10 secs) and that does not work. (3 lights stay green)

Tried the "Reset and Sync" and that does nothing (3 lights stay green)

The system is permanantly armed and I have no option to dis-arm.

To my mind, the system is not of acceptable consumer standard, with 3 cameras and batteries at $12 each, and lasting 3 months, you are looking at $1,000 per year for batteries alone. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For the initial problem, I'd create a trouble ticket since you seem to have a faulty base station (neither reset procedure works).

For batteries, you're paying WAY too much.  Check Amazon, etc. for prices.  You should be able to get them for ~$1.50-ish. Also, consider rechargeables - while you have to replace them more often, it's a one-time cost up front.  Check the Buying Tips and Options forum for threads about rechargeables.

Ilana420
Aspirant
Aspirant
What's a trouble ticket because I am having the same problem what do i do losing money payed for a upgrade but can't use it
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A trouble ticket is the official support mechanism - you report a problem to support and they act on it in various ways.  Forums are unofficial/informal and can frequently help but can't get you hardware replacements, etc.

Click on Support at the top here and then Contact Support on the right side.  Lots of options.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

llana420,

Adding to jgerdat's comment above, If you could give us details surrounding the issue you are having, we would be happy to provide assistance within the community. Please let us know,

JamesC