Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

App disconnecting

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Clnewell
Tutor
Tutor
I am having difficulties with either the app or cameras disconnecting. I have great signal strength where the cameras are and where I am trying to watch the app on my iPad. The strengths are between 150-300 Mbps in each location and I don't have any difficulties using other devices in the locations. I don't understand why the app keeps disconnecting and why sometimes it will say "cannot connect to the media server" or "device offline. Check your internet connection."
9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it seems you have the issue on the Ipad and not other devices... I would recommend you uninstall the app and the re-install.

See if that fixes the issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Clnewell
Tutor
Tutor
No I happens on all devices but just one camera. It will say the connection to the media server has timed out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clnewell,

Have you tried relocating that camera closer to the base/router to see if you get the same behavior? It sounds like interference could be causing an issue.

JamesC

Clnewell
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo Baby camera is in the room next to the router. When I do a speed test in the same location of the camera I get speeds of 150 Mbps and upwards. No other devices have problems connecting in the room. The camera keeps saying that the connection to the media server has timed out. I have another Arlo Baby camera further away from the router and I don't have problems with this camera. Could there possibly be something wrong with this camera?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clnewell,

Possibly, I encourage you to open a support case for further investigation: Arlo Support Team

JamesC

Auto_Loan_Store
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't feel bad I am having the same issue.  1 out of 4 cameras work and the 1 camera is outside and the three others are inside within 20 feet of the base station.  They must have currupt firmware.  I dred calling customer service in another country to help.  The worst customer support and they are not trained on must issues. I was hoping to see a resolution on your post.  If you did get it resolved please post back. Thanks Randy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you don't try support, you get what you get. We can try to help here but sometimes a case is needed, especially to get it escalated.

Auto_Loan_Store
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a case# 29210635. Just FYI first level support is useless.  I posted on here in hopes someone may bring this thread back to life.  Not to be combatitive. So if you have nothing to offer or any solutions find another place to play.  If you know what the cause of this is mention it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can't fix hardware or corrupt firmware here. You can tell us details about what happens, what you see and any error messages, what you've tried, etc. in detail so maybe we can help. This is a user forum, not a support mechanism that can replace hardware, etc.