Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone know of a way to download videos from the library automatically on a daily basis?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone know of a way to download videos from the library automatically on a daily basis?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nah, I was distributing a Python script to automatically download videos daily but 2FA broke it. The speed was the same as with the app/web client so it worked fine - while it could log in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dannybear
Master
Master

If you have a VMB4/5xxx Base station attached to the cameras with the backup storage device attached and implemented, you can extract the triggered recordings that way using a pc. Manual recording is to cloud library only so you would to download these yourself.

Some customers here do use scripting code but I recall that it has become very slow at downloading.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nah, I was distributing a Python script to automatically download videos daily but 2FA broke it. The speed was the same as with the app/web client so it worked fine - while it could log in.

rgtucker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that sucks. I'll try the USB port with a 2TB drive and see how that works out.

Thanks for the replies.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Personally, I'd use a thumb drive. A 32-64GB drive is much easier to work with compared to any hard drive, will hold a lot of videos (I download mine monthly and reformat the drive) and is much cheaper and less problematic (some folks have had issues using a hard drive for unknown reasons which may relate to power draw from the USB port).