Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any way to completely log out any and all sessions/places/apps/sites that I am logged in to?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having an issue where I think my account has been compromised.

I've noticed at multiple points during the last several days my Arlo cameras have been set to "disarm". I'll reset it to "armed", but someone or something is changing it back to "disarmed" at some point after.
I've also noticed there are full days worth of recordings that are missing... I never deleted them.
I am starting to believe my account is compromised. I'm the only one that should have the username and password for my account... I use a extremely strong password that isn't used anywhere else. I have logged out of Arlo/Netgear websites on any and all of my computers and have changed my passwords multiple times, but I'm still having issues.
I'm noticing when I change my password it leaves me logged in anywhere where I'm logged in.. so if someone has the app on their phone and I changed my password, it isn't logging them out.
Is there a way to completely log out any and all sessions/places/apps/sites my Netgear credentials are logged in to?

3 REPLIES 3
JRD761
Tutor
Tutor

I asked support and I don't think they understand what I was trying to ask...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I try to do all my major work/changes on the web access... it is easier.

As to the sign in / PW , if you are the only account and someone else is logged in with your ID, they will get bumped off...( unless you have shared/granted access )

I would change the PW again just in case and then check on yr phone ... you shouldn't be able to sign in with the old pw ( I know I can't )

After the PW change, I would do a reboot of the base via the power button , just in case of a glitch.  Also check the version of FW to your bases and cameras to the latest releases.

I do know the schedules were causing issues a short time ago, unsure if it was fully fixed. ( unarming )

Keep an eye on it to see if anything is strange.... re hacking I haven't seen a true on yet, tho anything is possible...mostly its pw's given to an ex or friend.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed about using the web browser instead of the app for checking/setting modes, rules and schedule - anything inder the Mode tab. It's been much more reliable than the app. I may take a quick peek at what's displayed on the first page of Mode using the app but going further risks issues. Not always but why take a chance.