Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any camera - looking to find out about battery operated and no base station

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bslerm
Follower
Follower

I will be parking my airplane at an airport for several months(and will access it with every week or more).  I have asked to have the plane put inside during the period but they tell me they can only put it inside some of the time.  

I’d like to monitor how often it is inside versus outside.  Is there a camera I can place inside the plane looking out a window that would only need to be logged into the local WiFi but no need for a base station or power?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bslerm wrote:

Is there a camera I can place inside the plane looking out a window that would only need to be logged into the local WiFi but no need for a base station or power?

No.  But you could use an Arlo Go (which is battery powered and uses mobile data)  Turn off motion detection, and then just livestream periodically.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bslerm wrote:

Is there a camera I can place inside the plane looking out a window that would only need to be logged into the local WiFi but no need for a base station or power?

No.  But you could use an Arlo Go (which is battery powered and uses mobile data)  Turn off motion detection, and then just livestream periodically.