Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Any Arlo wireless camera that can be connected to AC and compatible with VMB3500?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edgardo59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I bought this system yesterday Friday 29 the VMS3330W-100NAS at Walmart, very good everything but the batteries are discharged very fast they are at 22% now, my question is, is there an Arlo camera that is wireless but that can be connected to the AC and that same camera compatible with the base model VMB3500 so this way I can use at least one camera 24 hours and not worry about batteries, the other cameras I can continue using them with batteries. Please someone give me a good answer, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edgardo59 wrote:

my question is, is there an Arlo camera that is wireless but that can be connected to the AC and that same camera compatible with the base model VMB3500 

The Pro and Pro 2 cameras are both compatible with your base.  They have rechargable batteries, and you can connect the charger to them 24x7.  If you do that, you can either leave the battery in the camera or remove it (personally I leave it in).  If the camera is outdoors, you'd want to use the outdoor charger.

If the camera is indoors, you could also look at the Arlo Q.  It is only powered (no battery).  It doesn't connect to your base, instead it connects to your home wifi.  However, it shows up in your Arlo app (and web client) along with your other cameras.

FWIW, you can also get Tenergy rechargable batteries for your current cameras.  They won't last as long before needing a recharge, but you will save quite a bit on batteries.

@Edgardo59 wrote:

but the batteries are discharged very fast they are at 22%

There are two main factors in battery life

• the amount of streaming/recording per day
  • the number of times the camera needs to re-sync itself with the base

You can manage the first by positioning the camera to minimize extraneous motion in the field of view.  

If you are seeing evidence of lost connections (for instance timeouts when you live stream), then the second issue might be a factor.   That could be caused by wifi interference, or just the distance between the camera and the base.

Edgardo59
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you @StephenB  for your replay...so le me get this right, so theres no Arlo camera  to use with AC all of then are battery aperated, there no way to use this cameras 24 hours a day...so only for a few hours. My plan was to get a camera to put it at the front door on a AC outlet but looks like its not possible. BTW I just find out how to make the camera no to record nothing , I know that drain the batteries in no time. Anyway thanks for your answer you been a great help!!!

Thank you and happy holydays!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Edgardo59 wrote:

so let me get this right, so theres no Arlo camera  to use with AC

As I tried to say, you can use the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras with AC (connecting them to the outlet 24x7 with the charger). 

If the front door camera is inside, you could also use the Arlo Q.