Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anroid App has missing Videos in Library

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok, as I could not leave my testing alone, I have found the issue with the missing videos.  This is definitely a problem with the new update and for those who have rules to have one camera trigger another, please test yours to make sure you are not also having the problem.

Here's my setup:

Rule 1 - Capture Driveway (Camera 1-Record)

Rule 2 - Capture object walking to front door (Camera 2-Camera 1 triggers Camera 2, Camera 2 Records)

Rule 3 - Capture object at front door (Camera 2-Record)

Now here's the problem.  Sometimes based on the objects position coming up the driveway, Camera 1 and Camera 2 capture almost simultaneously and when that happens Camera 1 recording is dropped.  What should be happening and was working before the update is that a recording of Camera 1 and Camera 2 would be both in the library.

Now if Camera 2 was reliable enough to capture upcoming objects on time, there would be no need for me to have Camera 1 trigger Camera 2.  Since it was not reliable, I had those rules created to capture objects faces rather than their backs.

Again it was working great before the update!  I will test and have no more triggers and see if this new update can reliably capture on-coming objects, if it does, then it solves my issues. 

I hope this helps others who may be having similar problems.

-Robert
16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks Robert...

I'll test mine too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You're welcome!

-Robert
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things I found so far... using older Custom Mode ( nested rules ). Will retest with single rules soon.

1) the secondary rules on cameras had sense turned to the default of 80 % ( had to readjust and save )

2) the sense response on the nested cams is slower now... i use to get recording entering the frame now I get it about 4 ft in

3) didn't get pushes

retested with ARMED , allset to 90% sense

not as good as old settings

but got pushes

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
I'm having the EXACT same problem. I also suspect it's a flaw in the app reading the time stamp of the video. It's almost as if there can be only one video per minute or second on the mobile app. The Web /desktop shows all videos. In essence, this system is broken now.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Video-not-in-library/m-p/1024471#U1024471
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

files names were based original on epoch time and thats works down to micros... wondering why too. wiil see

lumpyheatpad
Star
Star
Perhaps it's an issue with the way the android app interprets the time stamps? I'm gonna look at the file names but I doubt they've changed that from version to version.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

working off PC here so apps don't apply or effect

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So here's the latest.  I re-created my triggers and this is what I found.

My library when viewed on my PC, shows all videos.  When viewing the library from my Android Phone (Note 4 Edge), any camera set to trigger another camera will not show in the library, even though I have another setting set to do so.

Hopefully Netgear is aware of this and will have a fix for the app soon.

-Robert
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I discovered the same issue a couple of days ago, after I became aware of the new feature that multiple simultaneous recordings from the same trigger event are now possible. (I was notified of a new posting in an idea exchange thread from about a year ago, in which a moderator had marked the thread/idea as implemented earlier this week.)

To test, I created a new mode with the following rules:

1. When motion is detected on camera A, record video on camera A.
  2. When motion is detected on camera A, record video on camera B.

The videos from camera A are not visible in the library, only from camera B.

Also, at first this applied to both the Android app and web interface. It seems that after a few hours delay the videos eventually show in the library when viewed with the desktop browser, but remain missing in the Android app.

I believe Netgear is aware of the issue. I recall seeing a thread last night about this where someone had opened a ticket with Netgear and that the engineers are on it.

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well lets hope Netgear feels this is important enough to fix right away.

I always felt Netgear was aware of the issue but I am one to stand by and see how one would approach and correct things.  For me this shows the character of a person/company.

I will just leave it at that.

-Robert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertRosal,

We are currently investigating this issue. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes and it can easily be duplicated.

For Instance Day mode with 4 rules.

Rule 1 - Cam 1, on movement record Cam 1

Rule 2 - Cam 2, on movement record Cam 2

Rule 3 - Cam 3, on movement record Cam 3

Rule 4 - Cam 1, on movement record Cam 2

Before the update, Android app and PC library were in sync.

When Cam 1 is triggered with movement entering Cam 1 and then towards Cam 2 a recording of Cam 1 and Cam 2 are in the library due to Rule 1 and Rule 4.  So based on this trigger there are 2 recordings in the Library for both the Android app and the PC.  If Cam 2 is triggered first with movement and then movement moves to Cam 1, both the Android app and the PC library have 2 recordings again and that's due to Rule 2 and Rule 1.

After the update these are the following results.

When Cam 1 is triggered with movement entering Cam 1 and then towards Cam 2 a recording of Cam 1 and Cam 2 are in the library, but in the PC ONLY.  PC has the 2 recordings, which is correct, while the Android app will only have 1, the Cam 2 recording, with Cam 1 recording missing.  If Cam 2 is triggered first with movement and then movement moves to Cam 1, PC library has only 1 recording of Cam 2 but should have both Cam 2 and Cam 1 due to Rules 2 and 1.  Android app has the same.  In this scenario they are both in sync, PC and Android app, but it is incorrect.  As there should be 2 recordings in the library for both the PC and android app.

I hope I made this clear enough that it can be followed.  If not, I can try to clarify further.  I look forward to a resolution.  Thanks James!

JamesC wrote:

RobertRosal,

We are currently investigating this issue. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

-Robert
SriramG
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Robert

Thank you for being my predecessor. I feel the same annoyance.

@netgearSupport

I have a mode with very similar rules, as what Robert described, and the exact scenario of

the App not showing some videos take at the same time instance, while on a desktop all recordings show up.

I just read this discussion, after wasting a lot of time creating a new case.

If you care to be amused by the quality of support that I've received so far, read this:

https://my.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/onlinesupport_view.aspx?case_id=26467911

I'm hoping someone here will ask relevant questions that will help fix the bug in your app.

Slowdiesel
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME ISSUE HERE!! LOVED THAT FEATURE BEFORE NOW I AM UNABLE TO USE THE RULES SET THAT WAY!!

Tulanga
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree the last update messed the system up
SriramG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only more frustrating questions on my open ticket..

https://my.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/onlinesupport_view.aspx?case_id=26467911

which they are going to "escalate" now. I can't believe how long

it is taking for them to fix this annoying bug that seemed to

have creeped in, from the last App update.