Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Another user is able to delete my photos and videos and turn on/off my system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Heavenisreal2
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Model #VMS3230 AND VMS4130 has been hacked. The person has what looks like a flip phone. This person is able to delete my photo and videos. He is also capable of turning on and off my system. How is this possible and what can I do to stop him? 

4 REPLIES 4
Heavenisreal2
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is happening to me also. I'm the only admin to my system. My husband is not even an admin. But it is being turned on and off, photos are being deleted. What do I do? I have changed the passwords. I have resetted the base station. It's not even getting picked up on my USB.

Heavenisreal2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mines too. It doesn't get to my USB. ARLO HAS MOT REPLIED TO ME WITH A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM EITHER.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile it's very unlikely that this is what's actually happening, have you taken steps such as not granting access to anyone (have you checked that setting?) as well as changed the password to your account and not tell anyone what it is?

Heavenisreal2
Aspirant
Aspirant
The only one that has access is my husband.. My arlo is base on eye recognition. Therefore no one should have it. My base is connected to my able wifi. Unless the base is flawed. There is no other explanation. I see 2 other netgear on my cable list that is secure, therefore how is this possible? Arlo Corp. Should jump on here and give answers. I'm about ready to return mines. Done playing games with stealer robbers.