Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Animated Preview is no longer available after updating IOS to version 16.6.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
chloeydoughy
Follower
Follower

Hi community and Arlo Support, the Animated Preview is no longer available after updating IOS to version 16.6. I see this has been an issue in the past. I have many Arlo devices: floodlight, doorbell, ultras, and essential XL. Please help! Thanks 🙂

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @chloeydoughy 

Do you have an active Arlo Secure subscription?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you make sure your Admin account has the animated preview option checked as well Unser Smart Notifications section. 

Malcolm65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for hjjacking your post but mine is doing the same and yes I have account fully paid but no animated preview any more. Not one link replies to how to fix it , all notifications are turned on but still taking my money 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Malcolm65 

Do you have the feature enabled under the Smart Notifications? Which version of the Arlo app are you using?

RMcDaniel26
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, animated preview no longer works on my phone.  I am using an iPhone running iOS 17.1.2.  It worked fine up until a few weeks ago, maybe coinciding with a recent iOS update?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RMcDaniel26 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

RMcDaniel26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Other than restarting my router and Arlo hub, I’ve only toggled the Animated Preview setting so far.  What’s strange is every now and then, it works.  This feature has worked properly for at least a year now without issue, I believe it first started a month or so ago after an IOS update, although I can’t swear to it.  Coincidental?  Maybe.  I’ll check to see if it is an issue on my wife’s Android cellphone.  Any and all troubleshooting ideas, I’m open to!  Thanks. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RMcDaniel26 Have you tested with iOS App version 4.11 as well? You can remove and re-install the app if you do not see the update.

RMcDaniel26
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated the app, now the animated preview works like a charm again.  MANY THANKS, Shayne!!