Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DGoodrow
Star
Star

Received Android System Update 14 QPR2 Beta 2 yesterday on my Pixel 7. Afterwords, Arlo app won't open.  

Best answers
67 REPLIES 67
asmetoma
Initiate
Initiate

Getting exactly the same on Pixel 7a but when doorbell is pressed I'm still getting the phone ringing and notifications.

I can view the videos but if I try to access the device button it just closes. Subsequent attempts to open the app result in closure.

DGoodrow
Star
Star

Since my original post my doorbell has been used and my phone app did exactly what the poster above described...including shutting down and then not re-opening.  

enrmastro
Guide
Guide

Getting the same problem here: after updating my Pixel 6 to Android 14 QPR2 beta 2 the Arlo app chrashes at opening. I tried wiping cache and data of the app, as well as uninstalling.

Upon reinstalling the app opens, I can perform the login, but when the login is successful and I move to the "cameras" screen, the app crashes.

Phone: Pixel 6

Android version: Android 14 QPR2 beta 2

Arlo app version: 4.10.5_28616

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue persist if you return to the production version of Android OS?

Thank you

sandrathepanda
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue on Pixel 7 pro after Android update 

DGoodrow
Star
Star

I am not about to wipe my phone to find out.  Every app on my phone and every other function on the phone works except your Arlo app.  This appears to be an "Arlo" specific problem that unless rectified, renders your service and my investment in your product useless to me.        

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sandrathepanda Which version of Android are you using?

DGoodrow
Star
Star

Version 14

Bdurica
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same experience here. Pixel 7 running Android 14 QPR2 Beta 2.  App crashes immediately upon opening.  Cleared cache, data, reinstalled app and issue persists. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That obviously can happen when unsupported OSes are used. Official releases work fine so I'd suggest filing a bug with the Android developers.

domermonk73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, Pixel 6 Pro with Android 14 beta QPR2. Tried uninstalling Arlo Secure, powering off 6 Pro, restarting 6 Pro & reinstall Arlo Secure. Still get message that Arlo Secure has stopped.

enrmastro
Guide
Guide

For sure everyone enrolled in the Beta program knows the risks.

However, it is certainly worth noting that, among all the apps (more than 30) that I use on a daily basis, only Arlo is having issues with the Android Beta releases.

It may tell something about software quality and responsiveness of Arlo developers.

Best,

Enrico

domermonk73
Aspirant
Aspirant

After experiencing Arlo Secure problems after installing QPR2 I sent beta feedback. Hopefully, others here have done that as well.

Oulak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

New user here. I am using Android 14 and since yesterday the app crashes every time I try to open it. It freezes on the main page for a second before closing.

Was working fine the day before right after I added my newly acquired (and first Arlo device), the Wirefree video doorbel.

I can still answer when someone is at the door (with an uncomfortable 3 seconds delay)

Unable to use my hardware I am now considering returning the whole thing.

I restarted my phone and uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times and am out of option...

Any idea ?

tramtwo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just adding my voice to the chorus Pixel 7 pro here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

jasonweaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appreciated! 

MarkOzark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  I opened case #43830197 on 12/15.  In all honesty , numerous customer support employees have reached out to me, and I have provided them a ton of information.  Yet, in their questioning, we are looking everywhere but at their software which I indicated from the start appeared to be the issue. 

DGoodrow
Star
Star

I totally agree. My guess is that the Arlo support team had nothing to do with the actual development of the software, which probably came from an outside contractor. 

enrmastro
Guide
Guide

Dear all,

below you can find the link to the bug report(s) that was filed to Google.

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/315931403

thejtluv
Guide
Guide

Moving off beta program and reverting to last stable android version requires wiping the phone until beta is up to next stable level. Doubt many are going to be willing/able to do this. There are potential issues with restoring from backup doing this as well. 

thejtluv
Guide
Guide

See enrmastro link to official bug filed with android and be sure to +1 there if you're affected. 

thejtluv_0-1703096191458.png

If you 'star' the issue, you'll supposedly get updates without having to comment/"CC me".

thejtluv_4-1703096098814.png

thejtluv_2-1703096034528.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the feedback. The issue has been identified and an update to help resolve this will be coming soon. I will provide more info as soon as possible. 

DGoodrow
Star
Star

Thank you.